Wednesday, 12 September 2012

West Coast Creature Feature- The Friendly White Crowned Sparrow

white crowned sparrow, photographed by smallgirl
The white crowned sparrow is present all over North America in winter, but lives year round on the West Coast. Researchers have documented that white crowned sparrows have a different song on the West Coast than in other parts of North America. These friendly birds are curious ground feeders; I have noticed in my experience that they are less likely to fly away when approached.
What are you up to today?
White crowned sparrow, photographed by smallgirl
Try to spot one of these cuties sometime. Happy birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Although I may not always respond, I really appreciate your feddback and comments on my blog. Thank you for commenting :)