Tuesday, 27 November 2012

West Coast Creature Feature-The Funny American Coot

American Coot, by smallgirl-really sad I couldn't get a better view of the funny feet
Here on the West Coast, the American Coot is a year-round resident, although I have noticed an increase in coots in fall and winter, probably as they migrate here from somewhere else. I think these birds are super funny for a couple of reasons. First, they have these enormous green feet that look more like dinosaur feet and don't really resemble typical water bird feet at all. Also, they make this really funny honking sound something between a sneeze and hoot. Finally, they have such ruby red eyes and black feathers, that they look a little mischevious. Anyways, I'm a huge fan of the cute coot, and I hope you will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Although I may not always respond, I really appreciate your feddback and comments on my blog. Thank you for commenting :)